NAMI DuPage is interested in partnering with businesses that support our mission and who want to help make a difference in social change for people who struggle with mental illnesses. By providing resources such as time, talent and treasure, corporate partners can help transform mental health inequalities that can lead to positive changes that affect not only individual’s lives but also entire communities. We think you will agree that a mentally healthy workforce is good for business.
WAYS TO SUPPORT NAMI DUPAGE
- Donate Funds
A monetary gift for general operating purposes or for specific programmatic support provides NAMI DuPage with the necessary financial resources to continue offering hope and recovery supportive services while also raising awareness and understanding of mental illness through community education.
- Donate Gifts of Goods and Services
NAMI DuPage welcomes donations of in-kind gifts consisting of goods and services. Gifts of services consist of discounts on professional services from our vendor relationships. Please note that NAMI DuPage does not place a dollar value on in-kind donations for tax purposes. Thank you letters will describe the gifts but it is the responsibility of the donor to determine fair market value for IRS purposes.
- Sponsor an Event
NAMI DuPage seeks corporations and local business to sponsor our three major fundraising events:
- Shine A Light Gala – May
- Run For the Mind 5k Run/Walk and Health/Vendor Fair – September
- Uncapped and Uncorked Wine & Craft Beer Tasting – November
Sponsorships packages for these events are usually tiered to reflect classifications ranging from base level sponsors to a sole title sponsor.
- Donate an Item for an Event Auction
NAMI DuPage welcomes the donation of specific items, gift cards or gift certificates for silent auction or raffle activities associated with a special event. To be eligible as a charitable contribution for tax purposes there must be a payment of money or transfer of property without receiving any adequate consideration.
- Utilize our Commercial Print Shop for your printing needs
NAMI DuPage has partnered with LEMONPRESS printing to create a fully equipped commercial print shop as part of our workforce development program. The RISE & Shine Print Shop is owned and managed by NAMI DuPage and offers an array of commercial printing service to NAMI affiliates, local non-profit organizations, and local businesses. Your support provides the opportunity for participants with mental illness to learn printing skills from working with machinery to using computer software to create printed materials. Every order placed with LEMONPRESS printing, within our capabilities, will be completed through the program. To order please contact: LEMONPRESS Printing at 630-866-6677 or by email at email@example.com.
- Utilize our RISE & Shine Café for your meeting/event needs
The RISE & Shine Café is a nonprofit social enterprise program that trains individuals with mental illness in food service, hospitality, customer service and point of sales skills as part of a workforce development program. The business utilizes a state of the art production kitchen at the DuPage Community Center, where both NAMI DuPage and the Café are located. The café can provide external food and beverage service to local businesses and organizations for meetings and events. For more information on menu options, pricing and delivery, please contact Mark Dennison at 630-752-0066 x225 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Serve as a Board or Committee Member
NAMI DuPage is seeking to broaden its base of volunteer leadership at the Board and Committee levels. Potential board members should be willing to embrace and assist with fundraising activities, attend at least 75% of all board meetings, engage in policy making and help promote the work of NAMI DuPage throughout your network of friends and business associates.
BENEFITS TO YOUR BUSINESS
- Enriching your connection to philanthropic efforts.
- Enhancing you company’s image to a specific audience.
- Creating Business to Business Opportunities.
- Promoting internal good will and involvement, as well as team building, amongst your employees.
- Reaching high caliber volunteers and donors, many of who are leaders in their professions.
In exchange for your support, NAMI DuPage offers:
- Public acknowledgments through its website, annual report, news releases and newsletter.
- On-site visibility at specific events with use of corporate logo or name.
- Billing exclusivity as a title sponsor, for example, or Industry exclusivity, where only one firm from a given industry sponsors an activity.