Social Security Disability: Change and Confusion
What is This Presentation About?
The different Social Security disability law and programs:
- How Social Security analyzes claims
- How to prepare the strongest case possible to the Social Security Administration
- The application process and how months can be shaved from the processing time
- Practical hints in dealing with the bureaucracy
- How to communicate with physicians
- How to minimize the chance of delays and lost files
- Rules regarding how to return to work while on SSDI and SSI
Where: Community Center, NAMI DuPage—115 N. County Farm Road Wheaton, IL 60187
Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2019 7 – 8:30pm
Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2019 7:00 – 8:30pm
Please RSVP to Audrey Burris at firstname.lastname@example.org
NAMI DuPage knows how important it is to provide information on the best educational and supportive services available for people affected by mental illness and for community organizations and service providers. Through the NAMI DuPage Speaker Series, we invite professionals and peers to the table to speak on their experiences and knowledge as it relates to some of the topics that we receive the most questions about. These presentations are open to anyone: family members, individuals, professionals, or general community members.
To learn more about the dates and times of the sessions or to register, click HERE.