Teens, you are not alone!
You can do something about your mental health!
Who is this for?
NAMI DuPage in partnership with Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital is proud to offer a peer support group free of charge for high school teens dealing with mental health issues like sadness and anxiety. There is nothing like being in a room with others who know what is like to live with similar concerns. We also believe you have a lot to teach and learn from each other when it comes to mental wellness! Co-led by a NAMI peer leader and Good Samaritan Clinician, we hope to provide a safe space of peer support and learning.*
For the success of the support group, we have capacity for 10 teens. This is a “closed group,” in which registration and screening of participants is required to determine appropriate placement. Future teen support group sessions will also be posted, so this is not the only session we will offer! If you want to know about future sessions, please fill out the contact form below and we will add your name to a contact list. We will also have a required parent/guardian and teen orientation to go over any questions before we start.
- Required and is free of charge
- Sign up at bottom of page to be the first to hear when registration opens for future sessions!
- Fill out this form to register for Fall 2019 Group, deadline Thursday, 9/5:
- You will be contacted soon about your registration submission. Please also expect a short phone call with the student to screen if group is an appropriate fit.
Important Dates & Times
- Orientation Tuesday 9/10, 7-8p
- 6 week session on Tuesdays 7-8:30pm
- 9/17, 10/1, 10/15, 10/29, 11/12, 11/26
- Deadline to register: Thursday 9/5
- NAMI DuPage Office at 115 N County Farm Rd, Wheaton
- View Google Map
Want to share this? Click HERE for Printable Flyer of Teen Support Group
Parents, you are not alone either!
NAMI DuPage runs a Parent Support Group facilitated by fellow parents on 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month 7-8:30pm. We encourage you to drop in when you can.
We also have a 6 week class called Basics for parents, offered periodically in a variety of locations. Registration required.
Family Peer Counselors are also available by appointment.
For more information, contact:
Rachel Tsen – Youth Program Director
630-752-0066 x 217
To ask to be notified of future teen support group sessions, fill out this form:
*Please note: the co-facilitators are mandated reports. That means for a teen’s safety, if any cases of alleged abuse or neglect of a teen or someone in their household is disclosed, it will be reported to relevant authorities.