**Be on the lookout, the Connection Support Group on Thursdays at Good Sam will be getting a new schedule starting in December**
***NEW Parent Support Group Starting 11/13 in Elmhurst***
When: Special Holiday Dates: 11/13, 11/20, 12/11, and 12/18
Then starting in 2020, will be the 2nd & 4th Wednesdays of each month
Time: 7-8:30 pm
Location: First United Methodist Church; 232 S. York St.; Elmhurst, IL 60126
*Kickoff Event*: Managing Stress for Youth & Adults
When: Wednesday 10/16 from 7-8:30 pm, location above
About: Light refreshments served, no RSVP required
Questions: Contact Chris Squier at firstname.lastname@example.org
NAMI Connection Support Groups
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for adults living with mental illness. You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others, and the groups are led by NAMI-trained facilitators who’ve been there.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need. The groups meet on a weekly or monthly basis.
There are three locations in DuPage County offering weekly NAMI Connection meetings!
Family & Friends Support Groups
NAMI Family Support Group is a peer-led support group for family members, caregivers and loved ones of individuals living with mental illness. Gain insight from the challenges and successes of others facing similar circumstances.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model, ensuring everyone has an opportunity to be heard and to get what they need.
- Free of cost to participants
- Designed for adult loved ones (18+) of individuals living with mental illness
- Led by family members of individuals living with mental illness
- Meets weekly or monthly
- No specific medical therapy or medication is endorsed or recommended
Parent Support Group
Concerned about the mental health of a child or teen? NAMI DuPage’s Parent Support Group meets on the 2nd & 4th Mondays of the month from 7-8:30 pm at NAMI DuPage in Room 116 (for parents with children under 18 with a mental illness).
Spouse Support Group
This group provides:
- A safe place where individuals living with mental illness can share openly about their feelings and experiences
- Couples are welcome to come together
- The individual with the diagnosis is welcome on their own, as well as a spouse of someone with a mental health diagnosis
This group meets on the 2nd & 4th Thursdays of the month from 7-8:30 pm at NAMI DuPage.
Suicide Loss Connections Support Group
You know you are making progress when you can… “Appreciate a sunset, the smell of newly mowed grass, the pattern on a butterfly’s’ wings. Karen Howard
This group provides:
- A safe place where people who have lost a friend, family member or loved one to suicide can share openly about their feelings and experiences
- An environment of hope, understanding and respect
This group meets on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of the month from 7-8:30 pm at NAMI DuPage.
Teen Support Group
This teen peer support group is a safe place for teens living with mental health issues to attend and receive free, confidential support. Together we can find good mental health!
- For high school students
- Offered periodically and registration required
- Visit HERE to learn more!