Registration for Support Groups is now Available
Support Group Video and Telephonic Conferencing
In light of the spreading COVID-19, NAMI DuPage is hosting all support groups via Zoom web conferencing for the foreseeable future. It’s easy and confidential. Join a meeting by smart phone, computer, or telephone.
View our instructions on how to join a meeting here (PDF).
Need a video walkthrough? Watch this to learn how to access a Zoom meeting via a desktop or laptop computer.
Participants must register for each meeting NO LATER THAN 4:30PM on the day of the Support group meeting in order to receive the Zoom meeting link to join the meeting that evening. Thank you for your understanding.
If you have any questions about online support or other resources during this time, please contact Patty Johnstone at firstname.lastname@example.org or x 205.
NAMI Connection Support Groups
- Josh and Henry 1st & 3rd Wednesdays
- Josh and Jim 2nd & 4th Wednesdays
Click Here for Registration for the 1st & 3rd Thursday – NAMI Connection Support Group – 7 PM
Group Facilitator: Henry and Jim
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for adults living with mental illness. You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others, and the groups are led by NAMI-trained facilitators who’ve been there.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need.
NAMI Family & Friends Support Groups
Click Here for Registration for the Every Wednesday – Family and Friends Support Group – 7 PM
Group Facilitators: Julie and Patty
Click Here for Registration for the 1st & 3rd Mondays – Family and Friends Support Group – 7 PM
Group Facilitators: Mike and Kathy
NAMI Family Support Group is a peer-led support group for family members, caregivers and loved ones of individuals living with mental illness. Gain insight from the challenges and successes of others facing similar circumstances.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model, ensuring everyone has an opportunity to be heard and to get what they need.
- Free of cost to participants
- Designed for adult loved ones (18+) of individuals living with mental illness
- Led by family members of individuals living with mental illness
- No specific medical therapy or medication is endorsed or recommended
Parent Support Group
Click Here for Registration for the 2nd & 4th Mondays – Parent Support Group-7 PM
Group Facilitators: Chris and Mary
Concerned about the mental health of a child or teen? NAMI DuPage’s Parent Support Groups are for parents with children under 18 with a mental illness.
Spouse/Partner Support Group
Click Here for Registration for the 2nd & 4th Thursdays – Spouse/Partner Support Group – 7 PM
Group Facilitators: Josh, Elissa, Dr. Dennis Bowling, PhD
This group provides:
- A safe place where individuals living with mental illness can share openly about their feelings and experiences
- Couples are welcome to come together
- The individual with the diagnosis is welcome on their own, as well as a spouse of someone with a mental health diagnosis
Suicide Loss Connections Support Group
Click Here for the Registration for the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays – Suicide Loss Connection Support Group – 7 PM
Group Facilitator: Dr. Dennis Bowling, PhD
You know you are making progress when you can “appreciate a sunset, the smell of newly mowed grass, the pattern on a butterfly’s wings.” Karen Howard
This group provides:
- A safe place where people who have lost a friend, family member or loved one to suicide can share openly about their feelings and experiences
- An environment of hope, understanding and respect
Teen Support Group
The Teen Support Group is full. No additional registrations may be accepted at this time. Please check back for future groups.
This teen peer support group is a safe place for teens living with mental health issues to attend and receive free, confidential support. Together we can find good mental health!
- For high school students
- Offered periodically and registration required
- Visit HERE to learn more!