Community Training Presentations
NAMI DuPage offers community training presentations in an effort to help people grow their understanding of mental health conditions, how to respond to signs and symptoms, practical ways to connect people to mental health resources, and more!
- Mental Health Conditions are more common than cancer, diabetes & heart disease
- 1 in 5 individuals will face a mental health condition in their lifetime
- The stigma surrounding mental health is the #1 reason why people don’t seek treatment for their mental health conditions (less than 30% of people with a mental health diagnosis seek medical treatment.)
Mental Health Essentials
- Signs and symptoms of mental illness
- Prevalence of mental illness in our society
- Importance of discussing mental health conditions
- How to help someone connect to appropriate people and resources
- Ways to help lower stigma
- Speakers who live with mental health conditions & how they live in recovery
- Providing hope for those in recovery
For more information, please contact Katie Spear (Program Support Coordinator) at [email protected].
NAMI Family & Friends
- Understanding diagnoses, treatment and recovery
- Effective communication strategies
- The importance of self-care
- Crisis preparation strategies
- NAMI and Community Resources
For more information, please contact Nancy Leguizamon (Director of Family Support Services at [email protected].
NAMI PD C.O.N.N.E.C.T.
- Clear Instructions
- Open Listening
- Non-Confrontational Space Awareness
- Negotiable/Non-Judgmental Responses
- Encouraging Resources
- Communicating Empathetically
- Trust Building Conversations
For over 35 years, NAMI DuPage has consistently been a leader in developing innovative, responsive programming, and we are working diligently to provide local police officers with the support they need to effectively handle calls involving a mental health crisis.
For more information, please contact Eric Metcalf (Director of Peer Support Services) at [email protected].
NAMI DuPage Presentation Pricing
Mental Health Essentials
|Presentation Duration||Number of Speakers||Non-Profit Rate||Business Rate
|1 hour or less||1||$125.00||$175.00
For other training requests, please contact Meredith Kober (Director of Programs) at [email protected]
– Mental Health Essentials Participant #1
– NAMI PD C.O.N.N.E.C.T. Participant #1
– Mental Health Essentials Participant #2
– NAMI PD C.O.N.N.E.C.T. Participant #2